Student Office

You can turn to the Student office at the Department of Building Science for a variety of issues. Below are the most common questions.

Brinellvägen 23, 1st floor
Teknikringen 78, 1st floor

Student office Civil and Architectural Engineering

Visiting address:

Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering
Brinellvägen 23
S-100 44 Stockholm


Opening hours: Monday-thursday
Visiting address: Brinellvägen 23, 1st floor, room M107A
Phone: +46 8 790 7960
+46 8 790 6000 (exchange)

Student office Constructional Engineering and Design

Visiting address:

Division of Constructional Engineering and Design
Teknikringen 78A
S- 100 44 Stockholm


Opening hours: Monday, tuesday and thursday
Visiting address: Teknikringen 78A, 1st floor
Phone: +46 8 790 9719
+46 8 790 6000 (exchange)

We help you with the following issues

• Re-registration

To be re-registered on a course, please send an e-mail with your name,personal number/ social security number and course code.

• Canvas

When you are registered you will be receive an invitation to Canvas. The invitation to Canvas is sent to your KTH email address. If you do not have access to Canvas on a course even though you are registered for the course please contact KTH Entré, they will assist you.

• Registration for the examination and KS

Registration for examination is mandatory and can only be done through My pages. The exam registration will open approximately four weeks before the exam date, and closes two weeks before. If you fail to register for the exam, you can go to the current exam room and write the exam, subject to availability. Be sure to bring a valid photo ID and a valid registration certificate (with name, personal number/social security number and course code). Information on how to print such as well as the new exam rules that apply from period 1, 2017, can be found here . For Funka, contact the Funka Group at:

• Registration for the extra examination for a higher grade

If you have already obtained a test exam, but want to write it again to improve your grade, contact the examiner. The examiner decides if you have been approved and obtained a grade, if you will take an extra examination for a higher grade. Contact the student office and enter your name, the personal number/social security number and course code. Important to keep in mind is that the extra examinations registration closes the same date as the other exam registration on the web.

• Request for old exams

To get old exam questions and possible student answers for an old course, you can send an email to or, and enter the course code for the course. We have exams and excerpts for two years back in time. We will send the exam with the highest grade possible of that examination date. We at Civil and Architectural Engineering only apply for exams with course codes starting at AF or HS.

• Information about reassessment

For a request for a reassessment of a course, please fill in this form (doc 52 kB)  and send it to the Student office.
After the examiner has made his decision, the decision will be available on My pages.

Degree project:
Information on how to apply for degree project can be found on Canvas as a course module for Building Technology & Design and Construction.
Your supervisor will also provide information in good time before the degree project starts.

Belongs to: Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering
Last changed: Dec 17, 2019