A method for determining grouting pressure and stop criteria
to control grout spread distance and fracture dilation
Rafi, J. and Stille, H. (2021) A method for determining grouting pressure and stop criteria to control grout spread distance and fracture dilation. Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology 112: 103885. doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2021.103885 Go to Science Direct (external web page)
• Jacking of rock fractures during grouting can improve the penetrability and economy of project.
• Fracture Jacking can also affect sealing of rock mass in negative manner.
• Certain correlation between grouting pressure and grout spread distance can control jacking.
• This certain correlation is defined by a curve that limit jacking to a certain fracture dilation.
• This would define a stop criterion that control grout spread distance and limit fracture dilation.