Measurement of ice pressure on a concrete dam with a prototype ice load panel
Hellgren, R., Malm, R., Fransson, L., Johansson F., Nordström, E. and Westberg Wilde. M. (2020) Measurement of ice pressure on a concrete dam with a prototype ice load panel. Cold Regions Science and Technology 170, February 2020, 102923 (external link) .
- Development and installation of a prototype ice load panel on a concrete dam
- Direct measurement of the ice pressure acting on the upstream dam surface
- The 1 x 3 m2 panel capture compressive and tensile forces over the whole ice thickness.
- Significant daily fluctuations in ice pressure, caused by variation in water level
- The Maximum ice loads recorded for three winters was 161 kN/m, 164 kN/m and 61 kN/m